Friday, March 06, 2009

Paying "Pay It Forward" Forward

I was taking a break from unpacking (Urgh. Moving bad!), and I found this entry posted by emilyf, who, I have it on the best of authority, is absolutely, definitely and completely not a red lectroid from Planet 10. Maybe. Anyway, seemed like a fun idea. So, buckle up kids, here's the skinny:


Lucky you!

The first five people to respond to this post will get something made by me!

My choice.

For you.

This offer does have some restrictions and limitations:

1 - I make no guarantees that you will like what I make! (Though I may ask some questions during the process.

2 - What I create will be just for you.

3 - It'll be done this year (might take a little while).

4 - You have no clue what it's going to be. It may be a story. It may be poetry or an article. I may crochet or quilt something. I may bake you something and mail it to you. Who knows? Not you, that's for sure!

5 - I reserve the right to do something extremely strange.

The catch? Oh, the catch is that you must repost this on your blog and offer the same to the first 5 people who do the same.

The first 5 people to do so and leave a comment telling me they did win a FAB-U-LOUS homemade gift by me!

Oh, and be sure to post a picture of what you win when you get it!

Good luck!

See, the really great thing about this, is I get about 2 hits a month on this blog, so my own personal involvement? It'll be pretty minimal. I don't see a downside.

Knock yourselves, as they say, out.

7 Comments:

Blogger emilyf said...

And so what if I post here and I've already posted this thing...do you have to do something for me now? I think yes. Planet 10...maybe.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Mecdrox said...

So, I guess I qualify as Beef Stew.

:P

*sigh*

The solution to more traffic buddy is MORE ART!

I guess we might need to figure a way to get your scanner working more reliably or ya know get a new one.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Goshzilla said...

emilyf, I am indeed contractually obligated to do something for you now.

Mwahahahaha! You have fallen into my trap, my friend!

I-- um. Drat.

Y'know I've really gotta stop gloating at completely inappropriate times. It makes me come off as just a tiny bit wacky.

So, yes. I do owe you something now, you wily rascal!

10:48 PM  
Blogger Goshzilla said...

Jared, there is absolutely nothing wrong with beef stew. It was a a staple in our pioneer ancestors' diets. Strewth!

I'm thinking new scanner come next paycheck. We'll have to see. Things'd actually be super cool if I could only get my stupid Cintiq to work.

I think part of the problem is there's no "U" in "Cintiq". That's just crazy, arbitrary "Q" usage, that is, and I don't know as I can entirely approve.

10:53 PM  
Blogger emilyf said...

So, I looked up Ostensible cuz honestly I wasn't quite sure what it meant. I liked this definition offered: plausible rather than demonstrably true or real.

8:26 AM  
Blogger emilyf said...

hellooooo? Where have you gone to?

11:23 AM  
Blogger Dagda (Brooks Harrel) said...

Wonder if the offer's still open?

If you'd *like* more traffic, I can see what I could do to send some your way.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home