Wednesday, August 16, 2006

My Sneakers, They No Sneak So Good No More.

I'm wandering around at work today and there's this... this just really annoying sound following me around. Urmk, urmk, urmk, urmk. Of course, it's my shoe.

Sigh.

I usually go through about a pair a year, but these bad boys have lasted me nearly a year and a half. This speaks volumes to the careful crafting of the NewBalance brand, as I tend to put shoes through, and please pardon my Français here, heck.

But the noise is there now, the urmk that is the death knell of shoes from generations untold on down, and it saddens me. Even Renee and Dawn, those drive time impostors whose shenanigans always put a smile on my wretched old face, have yet to lift my spirits. So, I'm getting out the duct tape and scissors, all the while knowing (in that dark and hollow place where such things are known) that one can stave off the inevitable for only so long.

But really, when shoes go bad, isn't it our wallets who suffer the most, in the end?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YA i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN... i'VE BEEN GETING THOSE TOO! WHO ARE THEY, WHERE DID THEY COME FROM!?! ALL I KNOW IS I WANT IT TO STOP =)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Cholki said...

YOur shoes? oye my knee!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home